When young women are sexually assaulted, we question their pasts and critique their clothing choices, yet rarely ask their attackers to simply be accountable for having no self-control, and no respect for the humanity of the girls they’ve violated.
When middle school girls post half–naked photos of themselves on Instagram, we vilify and ostracize them as cheap and easy, while ignoring the dozens of young men who mindlessly vote their approval each time, who feed the insecurity, and who perpetuate each degrading act with the click of a mouse.
When high school girls get jobs at chain restaurants, which require them to expose their body parts to strangers over trays of nachos, we bemoan their lack of humility and class, yet never question the thousands of men who fill these eateries every day; many with daughters the same age as the ones they ogle.
When women embarrassingly writhe on poles for a few sweaty dollar bills, in dimly lit bars ironically called “Gentlemen’s Clubs”, we heap insults and judgement on them, yet let the many married men who pay both the dancers and the mortgage each month, come and go without blemish or critique.
Sooner or later, we need to stop letting boys be boys, and we need to challenge them to be men.
Sooner or later, we need to pull them out of their perpetual adolescence and into adulthood, and ask them to evenly carry the weight of sexual standards.
Sooner or later, we need to show our young men that the they can actually raise the moral temperature in sexual situations, not reflect them.”
Anna and Elsa taking a ride on their bike for the first time in forever
(bad pun alert)
Aasif Mandvi interviews Fox Business commentator, Todd Wilemon.
people who exercise in order to get rid of period cramps are the ones surviving the apocalypse.
Hi guys! I’m really close to my first hundred so I decided to make a tumblr award to thank you, my beautiful followers <3Rules:
- mbf me
because yo like i said, this is for my followers
- no likes
- must reach 15+ notes
pls guys don’t embarrass me
- preferable a Taylor blog but not necessary
- you can reblog till march 15th
- winners will be revealed on the same dayCategories:
- best icon
- best sidebar
- best theme
- best edits
- best url
- most underrated blog
- best overallPrizes:
- undying love and eternal friendship
- +follow (if i’m not already)
- a spot on my sidebar
shittyurl graphic for each winner (i’ll post one per week after i choose the winners, pls be patient with me)
- did i mention love and friendship?
so yeah thank you and i love you all so much!
following a bunch of new blogs! if you post:
- star trek TOS/reboot
- Doctor who
- Lord of the rings/hobbit/anything tolkien
- the almighty johnsons
- art, pretty stuff, comics anything funny
I’ll probably follow you. if i already do follow you, please reblog so your followers can see. thank you <3
Actually, I think you have to know that whatever advice you give, they may not take it. The priority should be on keeping the friendship rather than giving the best advice. Your best advice is usually, ‘Walk away from him! Tell him you never want to see him again!’ But if you are dealing with someone still in love, nothing you say can change their feelings. All you can do is be there for them and pick them up every time they get hurt. Until, that is, they are ready to move on for themselves
- She teaches young girls that beauty is not just about looks, its also how you treat people
- Teaches juveniles that it’s never behooving to be drinking or be seen in nightclubs
- shows women that you don’t have to be in love to be happy
- teaches adolescents it’s always better to be the bigger person
- she doesn’t swear or is rude in public
- never is a diva
- truly cares about the well being of her family, fans, and friends
- goes out of her way to meet fans for ex. she followed a young girl around just to say hi
- teaches individuals that it’s okay not to be okay
- writes her own songs, that include a lot of sentimental artifacts of her life
- is genuinely kind to everyone
- brought pizza for fans waiting outside her hotel room
- played a show in the pouring rain and did not stop or complain
- always donates her dresses to charity
- spontaneously visited the ronal mcdonald children and did not ask for media attention, instead went around making smiles on childrens faces and singing for them
- wrote a song about a young boy with cancer and donated all the proceeds to help fight cancer
- put on the Help Now Speak Now concert in which she donated all of the proceeds to victims of the hurricane
- donated 4M dollars to open up a school in Nashville
- supports over 25 charities
- instead of ranting about her boyfriends in interviews, releases the details disguised in her lyrics
- never complains about her privacy or being famous
- paints guitars for sick children
- visits numerous fans in the hospital
- took a sick fan to the ACM’s
- has Club Red in which she greets fans instead of selling meet and greets for ridiculously overpriced money like justin bieber
"but feminism is not, in fact, all about choosing your choice."
THIS IS SO IMPORTANT TO ME